So far this month, I have had a great time both mentally and physically. I learned how to face rejection, and since then, I am having a positive approach when conducting a job search. Below, I share my October intentions, the things I am excited about, and looking forward to.
- Sleep longer on the weekends. I do not remember when I last had a long morning, and I kind of miss it.
- Do something great every day for myself that makes me feel good.
- Go for a walk in nature and enjoy the beauty of fall.
- Clean the back yard, which is getting flooded with all the leaves falling from the trees.
- Rope skipping – It is over two months now since I last did it. I do not plan to go all crazy, but skipping 10 mins will be a good start.
- Read two books – I Am halfway through EAT, LOVE, PRAY by Elizabeth Gilbert, and I hope to start a new book by the end of the month.
I am excited about
- Fall vacation – I’m not having a break, but the boys do. However, I will try to create time mostly in the afternoons for some family fun activities.
- Acrylic pour painting – I tried pouring painting last month, but it failed. I have bought the right paint, and I will give it another try.
I am looking forward to
- Go through my sweaters one more time and see if I can get rid of a few more.
- Wear my new boots. I was in town the other day and came across some super cute ankle boots on sale. I grabbed them ASAP!
- Get used to wearing business casual outfits. I cleaned my closet and collected a few pieces that I cannot wait to incorporate into my daily outfits.
- To hang out with my mommy group. I have not seen them in a while, and I am sure Leo will love catching up with his friends, as I will do with the other moms.
I have mixed emotions about
- Christmas decorations up already. It is always a reminder that I am spending another Christmas away from my family. Lately, it arouses some mixed emotions. I find myself getting excited to be with my small family during the holiday season. On the other side, knowing that I can’t experience Christmas in Kenya makes me a little sad. However, I am learning to deal with these emotions accordingly.
Pictures shot by both Axel and I